Farm Supports & Diversification
Are you thinking of diversifying your farm for other uses?
Do you want to increase your farm income?
Leitrim Development Company supports the creation of alternative on farm employment opportunities by providing advice and funding to farm households to diversify into non agricultural activities on the farm. Common activities include but are not limited to;
- Renovation of farm buildings for tourism purposes
- Facilities for outdoor recreation pursuits e.g. walking, cycling, angling, pony trekking, etc.
- Niche tourism facilities, arts and crafts
- Speciality food provision
- Open farms
- Manufactured products
Is Social Farming an option for your farm?
The Social Farming Office is run by Leitrim Development Company with the assistance of the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine and the CEDRA Fund. It continues the work of the recently completed and highly successful Social Farming Across Borders (SoFAB) Project and will draw on the lessons learned and materials produced by the project.
The Office supports the development of Social Farming throughout Ireland. New Participants in Social Farming activities will be supported and Social farming initiatives will be further developed throughout the country. The role of The Social Farming Office includes:
- Provision of advice and guidance to farmers /farm families throughout Ireland who wish to establish social farming services, through information and training events;
- Assistance in the development of service users and their families’ understanding of the potential and delivery of social farming services;
- Continue to raise public awareness of social farming through public events, mainstream and social media, engage with and support new initiatives around Ireland which are progressing and developing social farming.
Some Sample Projects
The Tea Shed at Glencar Waterfall
Jonathan Hay & Helen Siberry Hay
LEADER Business Funding