Food Initiative Funding
LEADER Food Initiative Funding
Funding available for For Artisan, Micro and Small Food Producers
Maximum Funding Rate: Up to 75%
Maximum Grant: €200,000
Minimum Grant: €5,000
This initiative aims to support new and existing food and beverage producers to address emerging challenges through investment in areas such as (1) market development, (2) competitiveness, and (3) innovation.
Support for food producers, may include, but is not limited to, the following
- Artisan, Micro and Small food producers, including those with a focus on collaborative proposals, aimed at production quality and market issues;
- Regional product development, including a focus on marketing distinctive local foodstuffs;
- Marketing and processing for strategically identified sectors, including honey and apple processors;
- Improved marketing, product quality and business skills through support for innovative collaborative processes and so address challenges to co-operation identified in studies on facilitating short supply chains e.g. entry barriers, the need for shared understanding, skills/training, and marketing and business skills deficit
The costs that are eligible for funding are the same as for all other projects in accordance with the LEADER Operating Rules. For example, this would include support for:
- the construction, acquisition or improvement of immovable property;
- the purchase of new machinery and equipment;
- intangible investments such as the development of computer software and the acquisition of patents, licences, copyrights or trademarks; and
- second-hand equipment (subject to terms and conditions)
How to Apply?
Complete the Expression of Interest here. The submission of an Expression of Interest Form is the first step in applying for LEADER Funding. It is your opportunity for your proposed project to be presented to the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) who will determine if your project is eligible for funding and if you can advance to the next stage of the Application Process. Please ensure that you read the details set out above.
Once you submit your fully complete Expression of Interest Form Leitrim Development Company will contact you to outline if your proposed project is eligible for funding or not and if you can proceed to full Application.