Location: Leitrim Development Company Office, Church Street, Drumshanbo
Date: Monday, 25th July 2016
Time: 7.00 p.m. – 9.30 p.m. Free of charge to community groups
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to any of the following questions, then this workshop is for you!
• Is your community group formed as a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG)?
• Does your group have a CHY number from the Revenue Commissioners?
• Are you registered with the Charities Regulatory Authority?
• Does your community group have a charitable purpose for public benefit? If so, are you aware that you must register with the Charities Regulatory Authority?
• Would you like to clarify your responsibilities under the Companies Act 2014, Charities Act 2009 and Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015? All three acts can be applicable to community and voluntary groups.
The workshop takes a practical look at what charities and voluntary groups need to know to remain compliant under each act. Key topics include:
• Legal duties of directors and company secretaries arising from the Companies Act 2014
• The implications of the Companies Act 2014 for CLG and what groups should be discussing with their accountants before the mandatory company name change occurs
• The implications of charities regulation for annual reporting, fundraising, grant applications and financial accounting
• Information required to register as a charity and make an annual return
• The conditions in which a voluntary group may have to register as a lobbyist
WHY ATTEND? Many voluntary groups are preparing to work with their accountants in July and August to amend their Memo and Arts and submit the constitution with form N3 to the CRO. It is important to be aware of the implications of the Companies Act 2014 before this work takes place and so avoid any unnecessary costs at a later stage. Participants who plan to actively fundraise or seek grant aid in the next couple of months will also benefit from attending.FURTHER DETAILS If you would like to book a place at the workshop, please contact Bernie Donoghue on 071-9631715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org