Leitrim Development Company wishes to recruit a Administrative Assistant to support a small team in the delivery of our Individual Placement Support (IPS) Disability Programme. The Individual Placement Support (IPS) Disability Programme provides personalised supports to people with disabilities in Leitrim, helping them to find a job and develop their career. For further information on the IPS Programme click here. This work is funded by The Dormant Accounts Fund.
The Administrative Assistant will report to and assist the Employment Specialist and project in delivering an effective and efficient employment support service to disabled people in Leitrim until the end of 2022. The person will provide clerical support to ensure effective and efficient administrative operations in the project. They will also help to arrange, source and procure training, trainers, mentors, transport and assistance aids and other items for the participants on the programme. They will also provide support to the Employment Specialist in promoting this programme to disabled people and to employers.
Duties to include:
• Assisting the Programme Manager and the Employment Specialist in the delivery of support to the people with disability who are interested in employment.
• Working with and reporting to the finance / finance admin team to plan, track and account for a number of budget lines.
• Providing back office support to the Employment Specialist regarding co-ordination of training, transport and project logistics.
• To maintain records and data for the project and to assist in compiling reports on activity and expenditure.
• To make logistical and other such arrangements of one to one training and training programmes which are delivered to assist participants into employment; to procure and arrange the training and to support participants to access it and to complete it.
• To support the Employment specialist in scheduling and managing the case load and appointments.
• To assist the development of the project by conducting some promotional and PR activities to encourage people with disabilities to access the supports.
• To use the LDC CRM to record and track activity and progress on the project.
• Other task and roles as may be assigned related to the project from time to time.
Qualifications, skills and experience considered essential for the post:
• At least 4 years administrative experience and involvement in supporting and arranging training as part of previous roles
• Knowledge and experience of working with people with disabilities
• A sound knowledge and experience of financial administration and budgeting systems, seeking quotes and administering procurement and purchasing of services and equipment, tracking project spend and providing financial reports and preparing project payments.
• Strong administration and communication skills (oral, written, interpersonal) in supporting people and network development through events and publications (event co-ordination and media information).
• A good understanding of social policy and community development.
• Ability to work on one’s own initiative.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to focus on the task at hand within a busy working environment.
• Excellent administrative and IT skills.
• Excellent time management, planning and organising skills.
• Competency in financial management using manual and computerised systems.
• Personal accountability, discretion, and integrity.
• Fluency in English.
The following are considered desirable for the post:
• A third level qualification in a relevant discipline
• Skills and knowledge of working with social media and online content, including video/movie preparation and editing to promote and develop this support service for people with disabilities in Leitrim.
The Contract: 6 months specific purpose contract to the end of 2022 (possibly renewable subject to completion of probation period and the approval by the funders for an extension or continued funding).
Location: Based in Leitrim Development Company, Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim (and may be eligible to apply for home / hybrid working.)
Hours per week: Flexible 2 days (14 hours)/week.
Salary: Full time Equivalent salary to €28,319.20 P/A (gross) Salary will be prorate for 2 days
Applications to: To apply please send a cover letter of application and CV to Mark@ldco.ie Mark Willis, Leitrim Integrated Development Company, Church St., Drumshanbo, Co Leitrim.
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday – 27/05/2022, Shortlisting may apply.
Interview Date: Proposed 08/06/2022
Leitrim Integrated Development Company CLG is committed to integration and equality and an equal opportunities employer.