Leitrim Development Company provides support to the Traveller Community in the following ways;
- Leitrim Development Company Manage the Shannonside Community Child Care Centre in Carrick on Shannon.
- A Traveller Primary Health Care Project employs four part time Community Health Workers who do a variety of health promotion work.
- Support is provided to the Leitrim Travellers Development Group, an independent group set up in 2013.
- A FETAC Level Four childcare course is run for 12 Traveller women in Carrick on Shannon.
- Childcare is provided to facilitate the women on this course.
- An After School Programme is run for primary and secondary school children.
- A Pre School is also up and running.
- Support to individual Travellers in a variety of areas is an ongoing to part of the work.