Leitrim Development Company wishes to recruit for the position of Tús Programme Supervisor.
Reporting Structure: Successful candidate will be answerable to the Lead Supervisor and the Employment Programmes’ Co-ordinator
Specific Duties will Include:
- The implementation of the Tús Programme, which will encompass:
- Providing broad supervision and support to designated Tús participants as appropriate with responsibility for up to 27 participants
- The supervision of participants, including monitoring time and attendance
- Attending team/staff meetings as required
- The identification of work placements in community organisations and settings
- Promotion and administration of the designated project
- Working with local agencies/bodies to ensure the smooth running of the Tús Programme
- Collaborating with relevant community based staff and company staff to ensure the regular flow of information regarding the Tús Programme
- Liaising with the management, Lead Supervisor and Co-ordinator of appropriate community group(s)
- Liaising with other community based Supervisors/workers as appropriat
- Reviewing designated Tús projects on an ongoing basis and bringing recommendations regarding its modification or expansion to management’s attention
- Facilitating the evaluation and appraisal of the Tús Programme
- Ensuring that the work of the Tús Programme is at all times in support of the overall aims of Leitrim Development Company and the empowerment of individuals and communities.
- Maintaining appropriate records in both written and computerised formats
- Supervision of compliance with health and safety requirements
- Setting, managing and monitoring work schedules and attaining targets
- Delivery on work-specific training
- Managing the output of the participants to match the expectations of the communities
- Other duties required for the orderly operation of Tús as may be assigned by the CEO
Skills & Experience Required: In order to fulfil this position effectively the following will be required:
- Meet the eligibility requirements of Tús as set out above
- The ability to be self-motivating and a self-starter
- Empathy with and understanding of unemployed people
- Demonstrate ability to relate to and support participants
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Clear display of a minimum of 2 years’ concurrent experience of managing a team of people
- The communication skills to work with the community groups and with your colleagues in the organisation
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of the needs and issues of the unemployed and other target groups of Leitrim Development Company along with the related Social Inclusion issues.
- The ability to complete all the key elements as required within the specific position applied for
- Possess the required vocational skills and educational qualifications to execute the job in the required manner
- Demonstrate valid experience of responsibility for health & safety in a previous role
- Full clean driver’s licence and own transport
- Be computer literate
- Knowledge and experience of construction and maintenance would be an advantage
Flow of information:
- Work alongside fellow colleagues on the internal Client Management System
- Manage and work within the parameters of the budget and maintain the relevant paperwork
- Receive and review requests from Tús participants for funding/training linked to re-skilling/up-skilling
- Help ensure that Tús participants understand and follow agreed company policy and procedures
- Provide relevant information from staff as requested by Tús Lead Supervisor
- Receive and review all Tús files on a monthly and quarterly basis and provide feedback to relevant staff.
- Update the Tús Lead Supervisor and Employment Programmes’ Co-ordinator on work and supervision of staff in respect to work duties
Terms & Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work are 40 per week. Some evening work may be necessary. Leitrim Development Company Terms & Conditions of Employment apply. Leitrim Development Company is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
Will be in accordance with Point One on the Tús/RSS supervisor pay scale
To apply please download and complete the Application Form and return to email@example.com no later than 12 Noon on Friday the 11th August .
Applications should be submitted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A panel may be formed from this recruitment effort, for future vacancies.
Closing date for applications is strictly 11th August 2023 at 12pm.
Late applications will not be considered.