Early Years and School Aged Services Lead Educator
Shannonside Community Centre
Job Title: Early Years and School Aged Services Lead Educator
Role: Development and delivery of the Early Years and SAC Services.
Reporting to: Barbara Sweeney Leitrim Traveller Project Co-Ordinator and Sheila Flynn Childcare manager.
Location: Shannonside Community Centre, Carrick on Shannon, Co Leitrim
- Your principal duties & responsibilities will be:
- Ability to organise, plan and deliver a child lead curriculum.
- Record keeping and observations to be carried out on key children.
- Supporting compliance with relevant regulatory bodies.
- Maintain room and equipment to ensure the health and safety of the children at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Adhering to Leitrim Development Company policies, procedures and always ensuring best practice.
- This list of duties is not exhaustive and will change in line with the ongoing development of Leitrim Integrated Development Company’s operations and services.
- Organisational skills and an ability to manage their workload
- Ability to work well with people and bring out the best in them
- Commitment to delivering high quality service
- Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- A minimum qualification of level 6 or higher in Early Years and Education or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Duration:This post is full time 35 hours a week fixed term contract. The continuance of the contract is subject to on-going Government funding, and satisfactory work performance and conduct.
Salary: The salary for this position is €15 per hour plus (depending on qualification and experience).
Probation There will be a period of probation (a) The period shall be six months but the CEO / Board may at their discretion extend such period. (b) The person appointed shall cease to hold the position at end of the period of probation unless during such period, the line manager / CEO has certified that the service of the person is satisfactory.
Format of the Competition
In order to apply please submit a letter of application and a current Curriculum Vitae, by email to email@example.com or Ms Barbara Sweeney, Leitrim Development Company, Church St., Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim by 5.00pm Friday 25th of August 2023.
Please note shortlisting may apply and this will be on the basis of the information which you provide in your application. Leitrim Development Company is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020