Leitrim Development Company wishes to recruit a Research and Policy Officer for Social Farming Ireland
Job Summary: Leitrim Development Company works closely with the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine (DAFM) and many other stakeholders in developing and delivering the National Social Faming Ireland network and projects. The role will involve delivering the research and policy elements of social farming as follows. Analyzing and interpreting EU, national and regional policy developments and the service landscape in relevant areas, Contribute to and influencing policy and practice in relevant areas through collaborations, policy briefs, submissions and reports. Building good working relationships with the Social Farming Ireland Network (SoFI) including numerous stakeholder groups such as farmers, potential participants, advocates service providers, agencies and advocates in health and social care and the political system. A significant part of the role will be working with health and social care providers at all levels to provide the evidence needed to embed Social Farming in mainstream practice, structures and funding streams. Building linkages and collaborating with third-level institutions and researchers and delivering seminars on social farming to student groups and others. Assisting in planning/organising research /dissemination events associated with the project work. Communicating on Social Farming via mainstream media, social media, promotional materials, etc. and through networking events, Farm Open Days, etc. Developing funding/tender proposals and other initiatives relevant to growing and developing Social Farming.
Reporting to: National Social Farming Project Manager
Location: Based in LDC Social Farming Ireland office Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim Related travel requires a car owner with clean driving license.
Position: 5 days Fulltime 9am-5pm (with some out of hour work) specified purpose, annual renewable contract subject to funding.
Qualifications and Experience
• Third Level qualification / relevant primary or higher degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area (health & social care / rural & community development / social inclusion).
• Relevant research /policy experience in health & social care /rural & community development / inclusion.
• Able to work outside of normal office hours on occasions and to travel across the country frequently and possibly occasionally abroad
• A sound knowledge and understanding of rural development, health and social policy and community development issues and practices.
• Experience designing and conducting social research amongst vulnerable groups and in using both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
• Strong administration, networking and facilitation skills and experience.
• Excellent data collection, analytical and presentation skills and experience.
• Highly effective oral, written and information technology communication skills and experience.
• A strong understanding of and commitment to
For Full Job description email Brian@ldco.ie
To apply email a letter of application and current CV, to Brian@ldco.ie by 5.00pm Thursday 18th January 2024. Shortlisting may apply.
Interviews expected to take place during the week commencing 22nd January 2024 or shortly thereafter.
Leitrim Integrated Development Company CLG is committed to a a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.