SoEngage Plus is funded through Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnership in the field of Vocational Education and Training for 2yrs from 01-10-2020 to 30-09-2022
Project No: 2020-1-UK01-KA202-079050
SoEngage Plus Partners are from: Germany, Ireland, Poland, Romania, Spain and the UK.
Leitrim Integrated Development Company CLG is the Irish partner and also delivers the Social Farming Ireland network and research projects. Social farmers across Ireland will get the opportunity to take part and to benefit from this project and its activities and outputs.
The overall objective of SoEngage Plus is to support farmers to learn about and engage in social farming and to promote their social farm supports for the economic benefit and sustainability of the farm and the rural community.
The aim is to inspire farmers to engage others in social farming by sharing podcasts and digital videos of best practice social farm case studies from other regions to generate ideas which can be adapted and transferred to their farm to generate economic and social benefits. This will add value to the local economy, at the national level with the view that this will impact at regional and European levels through widespread dissemination.
Social Farming, also known as Care Farming or Farming for Health is an innovative multifunctional activity which offers farmers the opportunity to use their agricultural expertise and resources to promote inclusion, community support, rehabilitation, social inclusion, education and social services for entrepreneurial and economic benefit. The farm remains a working farm where people who need support can benefit from participation in farm activities in a non-clinical environment.
SoEngage Plus will produce:
– Learning resources (Handbook and tutorials) to enable social farmers to produce digital videos to promote their social farm and the supports they provide.
– Digital videos of social farm case studies to support farmers learn about, generate ideas and develop the skills needed to deliver a professional social farm service
– Podcasts of social farm experts from each region to promote the benefits of social farming and support available.
– Online Learning Resources: Handbook & Tutorials
– Digital Videos & Podcasts: to enhance training materials on the SoEngage learning Platform and dedicated YouTube channel.
Sharing best practice in social farming will boost skills and employability one of the Erasmus+ programme overall objectives. Learn more at www.soengage.eu/