What are the aims and objectives of Tús?
Tús is an activation initiative for those who are unemployed and on the Live Register. It supports the work readiness of those who participate and provides short-term quality working opportunities for people who are unemployed. There are 80 participants supporting your community in Leitrim.
Who can participate on Tús?
Participants will, in the first instance, be identified by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection by satisfying the following conditions:
- A person who has been continuously unemployed for at least 12 months and “signing” on a full-time basis, and
- In receipt of a jobseekers payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection for at least 12 months, and
- Currently in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Those seeking to self-refer should contact Leitrim Development Company or Intreo for further details.
What type of work will be undertaken?
All types of work can be offered and details of the jobs available will be provided at your interview with the Leitrim Development Company. Work will be community based and attempts will be made to match your skills and location to available work placements. The types of project work available will fall into one of the following categories:
- Environmental Services (e.g. conservation & maintenance of National Walkways)
- Caring Services (e.g. childcare, care of the elderly)
- General Community Services (e.g. newsletter/information provision for communities)
- Heritage and Cultural Services (e.g. information officer in local heritage project)
- Para-educational Services (e.g. community playgroups)
For further information on the Rural Social Scheme in your area please contact:
|Brendan Fox - Supervisor
|Tús North Leitrim
|Colette Coulter - Supervisor
|Tús Mid Leitrim
|Aidan Keegan - Supervisor
|Tús South Leitrim
Alternatively, please contact:
Karen Guihen – Employment Programmes Co-ordinator Tel: 071 9641770 ext. 202
Leitrim Development Company,
Co Leitrim, N41 RF24
To download an application form, please visit the Downloads section of the website.