What are the aims and objectives of Tús?
Tús is an activation initiative for those who are unemployed and on the Live Register. It supports the work readiness of those who participate and provides short-term quality working opportunities for people who are unemployed.
Who can participate on Tús?
Participants will, in the first instance, be identified by the Department of Social Protection by satisfying the following conditions:
- A person who has been continuously unemployed for at least 12 months and “signing” on a full-time basis, and
- In receipt of a jobseekers payment from the Department of Social Protection for at least 12 months, and
- Currently in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Those seeking to self-refer should contact Leitrim Development Company or Intreo for further details.
What type of work will be undertaken?
All types of work can be offered and details of the jobs available will be provided at your interview with the Leitrim Development Company. Work will be community based and attempts will be made to match your skills and location to available work placements. The types of project work available will fall into one of the following categories:
- Environmental Services (e.g. conservation & maintenance of National Walkways)
- Caring Services (e.g. childcare, care of the elderly)
- General Community Services (e.g. newsletter/information provision for communities)
- Heritage and Cultural Services (e.g. information officer in local heritage project)
- Para-educational Services (e.g. community playgroups)
For further information on the Rural Social Scheme in your area please contact:
|Tús Programme||Area Covered||Contact Number|
|Marie Reynolds - Supervisor||Tús North Leitrimfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Majella Ryan - Supervisor||Tús Mid Leitrimemail@example.com|
|Michael Martin - Supervisor||Tús Mid-South Leitrimfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aidan Keegan - Supervisor||Tús South-West Leitrimemail@example.com|
|John Charles - Supervisor||Tús South-East Leitrimfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Alternatively, please contact:
Karen Guihen – Labour Market Scheme Co-ordinator
Tel: 071 9641770