Rainwater Harvesting Course
Leitrim Development Comany
The aim of the rainwater harvesting course was to provide participants with relevant knowledge and proficiency to install and maintain rainwater harvesting systems. The objectives of the course were to;
- Understand the intricacies associated with the installation of rainwater harvesting systems;
- Develop and maintain a water balance;
- Differentiate between the characteristics of direct and gravity rainwater harvesting systems;
- Identify the important stages involved in operating a rainwater water harvesting e.g. pre-filtration, biological treatment, sediment disposal and UV sterilisation;
- Conduct a risk assessment prior to commencing the installation stage and adhere to relevant health and safety guidelines.
Overall this training was very successful with 14 people completing the training.